Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SuMMer!!

I love summer.  Like, seriously, ridiculously, OMG love summer.  Today is the first day of the year that temps are reaching 90degrees.  Summer is here!


We survived a double-wedding weekend last weekend and I am still telling everyone who is willing to listen what a wonderful time we had!  Saturday morning started with a long drive to Pueblo, CO to attend Ashley and Colin's wedding at a beautiful Catholic church.  The ceremony was wonderful, the bride was stunning and the time with my former co-workers was priceless.  We headed back up to Denver for Kari and Jue's rehearsal dinner at a local Chinese restaurant (yum!) and I'm proud to say that the rehearsal paid off for all of us!  Sunday was the bridesmaid brunch and pre-wedding festivities followed by a beautiful ceremony and reception at Arrowhead Golf Course.  Kari was glowing in her custom-made dress and has inspired me to take my own wedding to a whole new level!

We met with our Rabbi on Monday and I'm relieved to say that not much work, on our part, needs to be done for the ceremony.  One less task on our to-do list is great!  Speaking of to-do list, guess what we did last night?  Yup, put together the longest to-do list you've ever seen!  Just when you think you don't have that much left to do, you realize that it's the little things that are so time consuming.  Etsy has become my new best friend so some of our DIY projects are pushed in that direction - which is fine with us!

Wedding Craft Party, Round II has been officially scheduled for Sunday, June 12th.  Thank goodness for friends who are willing to try their hand at my crazy, crafty ideas!  We're going to spend this coming weekend building a retaining wall in our front yard... just be thankful I didn't send out an invite for that!

Happy Summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment