Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cars and Beauty Pageants

Yes, it's true, we're a well-rounded bunch.

My boys and I are sitting on the couch watching the Miss USA pageant right now.  This is one of my favorite nights of the year as I love looking at all of the sparkly gowns!  Back in the roommate days, we used to practicing walking around in our heels and waving, and then go back to the couch and finish our ice cream.  Something about gorging ourselves on unhealthy food always made a beauty pageant better.  Anyway, I digress.  We're watching Miss USA right now and I'm so happy :)

Our old, beloved 1999 Mazda died a few days ago so we spent the weekend car shopping.  Good news is that we didn't have any other major plans so is was a relatively stress-free experience.  Well, as stress-free as car shopping gets.  We took a four-hour test drive (had to fun a few errands involving the wedding invitations!) and tried our hardest to negotiate down to our pre-determined budgeted price.  Unfortunately, the didn't take the bait.  My negotiation skills failed us.  Our search continues.

In the meantime, the first round of invitations went out late last week and the remainder will be in the mail by Wednesday.  Big shout-out to Aunt Claire who was the FIRST person to return the RSVP card!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment