Thursday, September 29, 2011

L'Shana Tova!!

Happy New Year to all of my Jewish friends and family!  I hope you're all having a sweet celebration full of apples, honey and challah!  The Mister and I went to services at the reform Boulder synagogue last night.  Only in Boulder are bagels and lox referred to in the same sentence as organic beets and tofu!  Overall it was a good service and we're going to give this Rabbi another shot for Yom Kippur next weekend.

Rosh Hashanah is all about reflecting on the past year - whether good or bad - and praying to be inscribed into the book of life for one more year.  It seems fitting that our wedding was just one month ago because, as we start this new year, we are also starting a new life.  Yes, things are different since the wedding.  Different in a way that I cannot describe in words but in the feeling I get when I think about my home, my life, my husband.  Different in the security I feel.  Different in the love and warmth that I feel.  Life is good.  Needless to say, I am doing my fair share of reflecting this year!

My wish to you, dear readers (does anyone still read this anymore?!), is a year a good health, positive attitudes, time with family, wealth, and, most importantly, good food.  L'Shana tova!

No comments:

Post a Comment