What's the first thing you thought of when you read this headline? A bar-b-que maybe? Oh, it's got to be their housewarming party! Maybe she just needs to stock up on ice cream? All good guesses, and all likely to be correct at some point in the near future, but not the case today.
You've got to see this to believe it:
COSTCO is selling WEDDING DRESSES!!!
(my favorite part is that is says "Appointments Recommended." "Yes, is this the Costco warehouse? Yes, I'd like to make an appointment. No, no food, just a wedding dress. Thanks.")
I am speechless.
The ad goes on to say that these dresses range from $699-$1,399 which is 40% off of retail. Now, you all know that I love nothing more than a good bargain, but that price range isn't cheap. And if you're looking to spend that much on a dress, wouldn't you want a, um, nicer shopping experience? There's something about a cement floor warehouse full of food that doesn't exactly scream Bridal.
I'll admit that I haven't experienced this in person so perhaps it's much nicer than I'm assuming. And to play devil's advocate, this will benefit brides who don't have time to wait for an ordered dress to arrive. But Costco? Really?!
This might require a shopping trip for more ice cream... who wants to come?

No comments:
Post a Comment