I decided that today should be another recipe day ... mostly because I'm sitting at my desk with the realization that I have no idea what is on the menu for dinner tonight (this is so unlike me). I made these delicious "burgers" last week and knew then that I would have to share it with my lovelies. So, without further ado, and courtesy of my newest issue of Vegetarian Times, I present to you:
Black Bean and Edamame Sliders
Makes 12 sliders (4-6 regular sized burgers)
Ingredients:
1 cup frozen shelled edamame
1 clove garlic (I used 2)
1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro (I skipped this step)
3/4 cup + 1 tbs. barbecue sauce, divided
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. olive oil
Sliced cheddar cheese
12 small dinner rolls (or hamburger buns)
Bring small pot of water to a boil. Add edamame and cook 10 minutes. Drain.
Process garlic in food processor until minced. Add edamame, black beans, chipotle chili, cilantro, 1 tbs. barbecue sauce, cumin and salt. Process until mixture forms coarse paste.
Heat oil in saucepan over med-low heat. Add edamame mixture and heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
Spoon 1 tbs. barbecue sause onto each bottom bun. Top with bean mixture, slice of cheese, and top bun.
Enjoy!
I'm not joking when I say these were amazing. They are incredibly easy to make (just throw everything in the food processor!) and packed with good protein. Even the meat-eater in the household chowed down!
Happy weekend, everyone! I'm going to my first dress fitting tomorrow... AHHHHHHH!
No comments:
Post a Comment