Thanksgivukkah was a roaring success and the Mister and I are still recovering... by starting a new project! Do you expect any less from us? Here's a sneak-peek before you get the full, final view:
Don't mind the blurriness or the fact that I'm in my pajamas and slippers... this pic wasn't staged at all...
Back to the real purpose of this post...
Per usual, I tried a new recipe on a night that we had guests over (Thanksgiving) but, luckily, it turned out beautifully! I couldn't decide between two delectable cheesecake recipes that I found on the internet so, at the last minute and after two trips to separate grocery stores, I decided to combine the two. Here's the result:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
3 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger1
1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
FOR CRUST: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap outside of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with foil to catch drips. Place ] gingershaps into a 1-gallon plastic freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. Measure out the 1 1/2 cups and combine them with the butter and sugar in a bowl. Press mixture into bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of the springform pan. Bake crust about 5 minutes until slightly darkened. Set aside. (Adapted from this recipe)
FILLING:
In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer set on low speed, blend together cream cheese, light-brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth, about - 30 seconds. Mix in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Add in pumpkin and vanilla and mix on low speed just until combined. Add in whole eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition just until combine, then add in egg yolks and mix just until combine. Lift and tap mixing bowl against the counter several times to release air bubbles from mixture. Pour mixture into gingersnap crust and bake in preheated oven (325 degrees) for 1 hour, then turn oven off and allow cheesecake to rest in oven 20 - 25 minutes (without opening oven door). Remove from oven and allow to cool 15 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and chill 5 hours. (Adapted from this recipe)
Before Serving: I drizzled store-bought caramel sauce, sprinkled with a generous pinch of sea salt, and topped with homemade whipped cream.
DELICIOUS!
No comments:
Post a Comment