Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Small Town, UK

Back to EuroTrip 2012/3...

Following our blissful week in the City of Love, the Mr. and I parted ways as he headed back to the States and I moved on to the United Kingdom.  This was my first time in the UK and I was looking forward to the familiar sound of English, meals that didn't consist of cheese and bread and a slower pace of travel.

I arrived in London shortly before noon and made my way to the most amazing taxi to begin the 45-minute journey to a small town called Amersham.  Yes, the taxi looked like this:

Amazeballs.

Arriving in Amersham on January 1st wasn't the best idea.  It is a small, quaint, picturesque town lined with boutiques and small restaurants... that are all closed on New Years Day!  I explored the town via the walking path that circles around the old cemetery and was promptly bored in my hotel room by, oh, 3pm.  The hotel was a building that was over 500 years ago and had amazing character!  So much character, in fact, that the heat in my room never started working so I had to move to a new room on night 2!

Main Street in front of my hotel. 

Main Street.

Self-portrait in the cemetery.

It was creepy cool.  Let's just say the graves weren't in great shape.

The town walking path -- heading up.

The town walking path -- looking down into the sun (sorry, poor quality but it was gorg). 

500+ year old church.

My hotel.

Instagram-improved photo.

My cup of tea at the office ;)

Love. 

I spent three nights in Amersham working at the office and resting up from the long week in Paris.  The Indian food was delish and the co-workers were welcoming.  I'm so glad that I was able to see the English countryside but I was ready to move on after those few days!

Coming next... London!


No comments:

Post a Comment