Seriously. This post required 6 R's in the title, it's that big of a deal.
Unless you don't like pretty dresses, fashion or weddings, you've probably heard about Priscilla of Boston. Growing up, I thought that this was THE place to get a wedding dress. I remember making the long drive up from Colorado Springs to Denver to do some shopping with my mom. We headed to the ritzy Cherry Creek neighborhood and stumbled upon a beautiful brick building on the corner with a wide, steep staircase leading up to a Priscilla of Boston store. The store was closed, of course, so we normal folk weren't able to step in and have a look around so my mom and I peered through the windows admiring all of the white inside. Isn't it funny the stories that we remember?
Well I hope you're sitting down... because they're going out of business. Sad day in the world of beautiful dresses but rockin' news for all of you brides out there who haven't yet purchased your dress! If I were still planning my wedding, I'd be down there in a heartbeat trying on this gown:
or this one:
or this one:
or perhaps this one:
PoB was actually the very first place I went when I started my dress search. I tried on a lot of dresses (none of the above, unfortunately) and my mom and I felt like royalty the entire time we were shopping!
Run, don't walk. And bring your friends because their bridesmaid dresses start at just $35!!!
Ahhhh the possibilities!




No comments:
Post a Comment