Today's day can be written about in three parts. For your ease, I shall refer to the aforementioned parts as ceremony, cocktail and reception.
Ceremony: After my extremely productive Monday evening in which I started a blog and did a lot of wedding venue research, I anxiously wait for all of the responses to my inquiries. They slowly stream in... and I slowly read through them... and then slowly email the fiance to say... "welp, check that one off the list." I'm still in shock over some of the site fees that some of these places charge! Tell me, again, exactly why you're charging $3,000 for... ummm... ?
Ceremony: Late this afternoon I heard back from a prospective venue and their numbers were the closest I've seen to my goal thusfar! YESS!! I put my negotiating hat on and start planning out how I'm going to get this poor lady to knock $2-3k off her estimate. Until I realized that the place wasn't that cool. BUT - I can bring my own cookies for dessert!!
Reception: Enter phone call from MOB (Mother of the Bride, clearly). MOB has decided that she can help me find the perfect venue within my budget and has spent the last few days doing some research for me. Then, a flash of lightning strikes her from the sky and she finds herself on the website for an absolutely stunning seriously amazing place. That just happens to host weddings. That are not in my budget. What is an MOB to do? This is when G-d speaks through the lightning and tells MOB that I am her only daughter and maybe the budget should be bumped up a bit.
Conclusion: I'm not exactly sure where this budget wedding of mine is heading - might be out of the budget category - but either way I'm still excited and still planning and still ready to negotiate. And, hopefully, will still find a way to have some cookies :)
No comments:
Post a Comment